Blueberry Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cakes
- For The Cake
- 2½ cups unbleached all- purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Sunny Olive Lemon Olive Oil + 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 cups washed and dried blueberries (1/2 cup reserved)
- For the Simple Syrup Lemon Glazed Blueberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon Juice or the juice of 1 large lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease an 8 cup bundt pan with lemon olive oil, or 8- 1 cup mini-bundt pans.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together until light yellow and thickened. Add the olive oil, lemon zest, vanilla, and sour cream.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add to the wet ingredients and whisk until no dry spots of flour remain. Fold in the blueberries reserving ½ cup for decoration.
- For the glaze, mix together the lemon juice and sugar in a microwave proof bowl. Heat for 1 minute on high. Whisk, and allow the glaze to sit until all the sugar is dissolved and the glaze has become transparent.
- Bake the full size bundt pan for 45- 50 minutes, and the mini-bundt pans for 25-30 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to coll for at least 20 minutes before inverting.
- Allow the cake to cool fully. Add the blueberries to the cooled clear syrup and toss to coat. Decorate the top/center of the bundt with the blueberries allow the glaze to run down the sides and soak into the cake. Serve immediately. Serves 8-10