DAIRY FREE CINNAMON ROLLS
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 packages rapid rise yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- ¼ cup Sunny Olive Butter Olive Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Sunny Olive Butter Olive Oil
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside. In a large bowl mix the water, sugar, butter olive oil, salt, and egg. Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture. Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle. Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes. Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1½ hours.
- When doubled in size, punch down dough. Roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. Spread butter olive oil all over dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over "buttered" dough. Sprinkle with walnuts and or raisins, if desired. Beginning at the 15-inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices.
- Coat the bottom of baking pan with ⅓ cup butter olive oil and sprinkle with ½ brown sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.