ESPRESSO BALSAMIC TIRAMISU
- 5 large egg yolks
- ⅔ cup + 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 16 oz. mascarpone - softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sweet Marsala wine
- ¾ cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 24 lady fingers
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 3 tablespoons Sunny Olive Espresso Balsamic
- ⅓ cup ground chocolate
- Whisk ⅓ cup of sugar with egg yolks for 2 minutes until light yellow and tripled in volume. Place in a large heat proof bowl. Set bowl over a shallow saucepan of simmering water. Add the Marsala and continue whisking constantly for about five minutes, or until the temperature of the mixture reaches 150˚. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whip the mascarpone and ⅓ cup of sugar with the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold in the egg mixture.
- Blend in the espresso or coffee with the remaining 2 T of sugar, rum and espresso balsamic until the sugar dissolves.
- Working with 1 cookie at a time, dipping a total of 8 cookies into the espresso per layer. Arrange the lady fingers in a single layer, side by side with a small amount of room between each, over the bottom of a two to three quart dish. Spoon ⅓ of the mascarpone mixture over the cookies and gently spread to cover.
- Cover the tiramisu with plastic and refrigerate at least 6 hours. Immediately before serving, shave dark chocolate over top or dust with cocoa powder.