Lemon Olive Oil Cake
- • 4 eggs
- • 1 cup sugar
- • ½ cup Sunny Olive Lemon Olive Oil
- • ½ cup Meyer lemon juice
- • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1 cup flour
- • ½ teaspoon baking powder
- • ¼ teaspoon salt
- Oil a 9-10" springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set oven to 350ºF.
- Whip eggs and sugar together on high speed until fluffy and very pale, almost white (about 5 minutes).
- Turn speed to low and stream in oil, lemon juice and zest and vanilla (mix these all together in a large measuring cup with a spout and pour them in).
- Whisk flour and dry ingredients together and fold these in by hand. The mixture will be very fluffy and foamy.
- Pour into prepared springform pan and bake 350 for 45 minutes. The top will become quite brown, as will the edges.
- Allow to cool 30 minutes in the pan, then unhook and remove from pan, cool completely on a rack.
- Cake keeps at room temperature, covered, for up to 7 days without suffering loss of texture or quality.
- Sprinkle with organic powdered sugar
- Optional: Drizzle with Sunny Olive Raspberry, Apricot, or Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar and serve.